This time of year always makes me reflect on what's changed in my life and what has remained the same. The year 2008 has been especially hard for me and my family.
I found out in early January that I was pregnant; not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely a surprised and something that changed/delayed my carefully laid plans. I felt horrible for the first 16 weeks and had a difficult time adjusting to being pregnant. All during this time, my grandmother who basically helped raise my brother and me was in the hospital; she passed away in March. Yale completed his Master's of Accounting in May and I finished my second year of law school. This past summer, my brother announced that he was getting a divorce. Then Jonah ended up making his debut almost a month early--taking not only his mama and daddy by surprise, but also everyone else. I was required to deal with Jonah in the NICU, not being able to nurse, Jonah having jaundice, acid reflux, and colic, postpartum depression, and all the other wonderful things a newborn needs. November saw the remarriage of my brother, my and Yale's second anniversary, and Jonah hitting the 3 month mark, the holy grail to parents.
Jonah just turned 4 months this past Friday and he's wonderful. He looks JUST like his Daddy (no Mama's baby Daddy's maybe here!) and his personality is shaping up to be much like mine (which is not necessarily a great thing, haha!). He still drinks the really expensive formula, but I would rather pay for that than have a baby in pain. He only wakes up once during the night to eat and his digestive problems are working themselves out. I love him more and more each day and I know don't know what I would do without him.
No comments:
Post a Comment