Thursday, March 27, 2008

For Your Consideration

I can't decide on a girl's name. I was on Willa for a while but the more I said it the more it sounded like Willow, which I hate. Here are some (totally serious!) options. I would like some feedback on them. The middle name will be Felicity, after Granny whose name was Phillis (Yale is just going to get over the slutty girl he knew with that name--at least it isn't the girl he knew with the nickname Cooter).

1) Jocelyn--Yale's mom is Jacqueline and while I like the idea of naming a child after someone, I don't want the name to be exactly the same. I don't know if I like Jocelyn Murphy though.
2) Joanna--This is the name Yale's grandmother gave to her daughter that died in childhood and I like the sound of it with Murphy.
3) Susanna--my mom is named Suzanne and I love this version of it.
4) Matilda--I've just always liked the name (especially the book by Roald Dahl) but I'm afraid it's becoming too popular.
5) Philippa--Yale hates the name Philip for a boy, but I want to reference my maiden name somehow. I also think Philippa is a kick-ass name, especially with all the historical queens named Philippa.

Okay, so these are the options. I realize most of them aren't anyone's style but my own, however please don't make fun of the names. We had a boy's name all picked out and my dad kept insulting it so that I ended up hating the name (we have a new boy's name BTW and it's pretty awesome, if I say so myself. It starts with a C--guess away, but it's not Cooter!)

3 comments:

Christi said...

So the boy's not what you said on Easter anymore? I loved that name! Boo on Steve!

I really like Susanna and, I think Susanna Felicity Murphy is a great name after two great women!

Socialite Commentary said...

I think Joanna has a nice ring. Will she have a hyphenated last name?

What about Beronica? ;)

Unknown said...

I like Susanna. Like Christi, I think Susanna Felicity Murphy has a nice ring to it.