
Finally I've reached the 2nd trimester. This is allegedly the time when you get more energy and the worst of the symptoms from the past few weeks ease up. I'm still waiting.
This child is the pickiest eater ever. It hates meat--I am only allowed a little bit of chicken before I start feeling sick. It wants sushi--even though I can't eat it (due to some fear of bacteria in the raw fish). And strangely enough, I want hardly anything sweet. Anyone who knows me knows I am crazy about candy, especially Valentine's Day chocolates. Yale and I hit up the after sales and got the hugest candy heart I've ever seen, but I've hardly eaten any of it. I do have a small obsession with ranch flavored Doritos (really, any kind of Doritos) so at least I know that the baby does have something normal about it.
I finally found a crib I like. It's by Green Frog Art and I got a terrific deal on it. I also bought a cradle, even though I realize I don't need one. I'm going to do this whole fancy motif for the nursery. I realize the baby won't care, but I do, so there. :-P
On a much sadder note, my grandmother passed away this past weekend. She was funny and didn't care a wit about what anyone thought (even her own family!). This woman survived the Depression, typhoid fever, breast cancer, and me and my brother as children. She had been in the hospital for a while, so it wasn't unexpected, but that doesn't really make it any easier. She was trying so hard to make it until the baby was born, but I guess it was just time for her to move on. My mother is already betting on Sept. 21st as the baby's birthday, since that was Granny's. Please keep my family, especially my mother, in your thoughts, prayers, or what have you.
No comments:
Post a Comment