Went in for another ultra sound last Thursday and found out that my worst fears have not been confirmed--just one baby in there and it appears to have just one head (I say appears because, honestly, who can really tell anything from those stupid grainy pictures anyway?). It was dancing all around when on the screen and I could only think one thing: "Oh, please little baby, don't grow up to go on that show So You Think You Can Dance." I think it's rather normal for a mother to hope her child doesn't want to be a reality TV star. You know, it's kind of like hoping your kid won't be a serial killer. Now whenever we tell anyone of the baby's energetic feats, they always say, "Did you have a coke before?" I just want to say, "No, but I did have the rod that sent out the ultra sound waves stuck up my va-jay-jay pressing on my cervix but a very rude ultra sound technician. Think the baby could feel my distress?" Sorry about the graphic nature of this program, but all ultrasounds aren't like the nice ones they show on the TV with the gel on the tummy. Just thought you should know.
I have discovered the most amazing invention ever: the maternity jean. Okay, so it's not vaccine for polio worthy, but I am totally in love. I had been resisting the maternity clothes, mainly because I'm not really showing yet, I just have doubled the volume of all liquids in my body (just some trivia from the OB-GYN), therefore I have gained enough weight to make my normal pants tight. Anyway, I ordered some on sale from the Gap, because their jeans don't look like old woman jeans, and I tried them on this morning just to see how they would fit. OH MY GOD. They are like a combination of jeans and sweatpants, with the comfort of both. No longer do my jeans dig into my stomach and make me feel like a whale. No longer am I trying to hide the dreaded "muffin top." I have on pants that hid my (little) gut and allow my baby to stretch his long dancer's legs (yes, it's the size of a peanut, but still).
We won't know the sex of the baby for about 8 more weeks. Just in case you were wondering, dear readers. Plus, we're still trying to keep the pregnancy quiet for a couple more weeks, at least until we get through the first trimester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When is the first trimester over? How are you feeling?
Post a Comment