Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Little Boy Blue

We're having a BOY!!!! I thought that from the beginning and then my mind started to play tricks on me--nasty little thing, that is. We went in for the sonogram and everything looks great! Kidneys are functioning, heart has four chambers, good spine, brain looks normal--and we can't forget the penis! The baby has it's face towards my back, I guess he was taking a little nap, and the technician had to work to get a good pic of the boy parts, but there it was. He's gestationally a day short of the due date (which is officially Sept. 12, I was wrong originally) so that means I may have a Sept. 11th baby. I've heard though that the heat can make you go into labor early, so we'll see. I just hope I don't have him on Labor Day because that's just too ridiculous, even for me.

NAME UPDATE: We've agreed on Jonah Yale Murphy. I guess I finally got Yale to come around.

Update at 12:34: Apparently pregnancy hasn't made my math skills any better: being late a day would make Jonah due Sept. 13th as opposed to the 11th. Let's hope skill with numbers is connected with the Y chromosome so I can't F it up

1 comment:

Christi said...

YAY!!! I think Jonah is a great name! So, is that it for sure...can't wait to get something monogrammed!!!