Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Aside

Is anyone else watching Project Runway and Top Design? I record them and watch them when I am home with Little Man and have some very strong opinions on both.
Project Runway: Korto needs to win. If anyone thinks differently, they haven't been watching the show. She has not turned out anything that looks crappy or is ugly. She has never been in the bottom and is completely consistent. I would LOVE her to design something for me!
At first I hated Blayne but I was actually sad to see him go. I am so over Kennley. She is good at what she does but not everyone looks right in a 40s style dress with flowered print and tulle. Show something new!
Top Design: It's still early, but right now I like Andrea and Eddie. Andrea has great taste and isn't so hung up on modern design, the way lots of designers can be. Eddie is WAY hyper and makes me nervous when they follow him, but I think he's really talented. He has a great eye for style. We'll see what happens this week.
What's with the Thai guy? He drives me crazy. Stop giggling and WORK. Cary shouldn't have gone home last week but he did because he got Giggly for a partner who SUCKS. I really can't wait for him to leave.

Please, anyone else watching either show, share your thoughts.

1 comment:

SMP said...

Go Korto! Can't stand Kenley. How can you have an independent, fresh point of view as a designer if you basically dress in costume every day. Also, no 25 year old should be allowed to give that much attitude to 3 people who represent a collective 60+ years in the fashion industry. Even if they are wrong (they aren't) she should at least dignify them by keeping the eye-rolling and scoffing at bay.

Sore spot much? I also like Jerel. Mostly cuz he's always so sweet and positive.