Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Don't look at me! Look at the Bride!

I have a wedding to go to in June for one of Yale's best friends. Yale is actually in the wedding. I am obsessing over what I'm going to wear.
It is very difficult to find a maternity dress to wear that doesn't look like a mu-mu (not that I have anything against mu-mus). I actually bought two really beautiful dresses from Ann Taylor last fall when I found out about the wedding (because they were on sale and I love the way Ann Taylor makes their dress). I even bought matching shoes! This, of course, was before I was pregnant, and now all I can do is look at them and dream of the day I will fit back in them (much like all of my clothes at this point).
So now I am on the hunt for something to wear. While I do love most of the maternity clothes I've bought (Old Navy for shirts, Gap for pants/dresses) I haven't found anything that is dressy enough for a wedding--apparently we pregnant ladies aren't supposed to go anywhere that requires something more than a jersey skirt and a tank top.
I've found a dress at J.Crew that I really want to fit but I have an idea doesn't. I really haven't change sizes too much, but with the bigger boobs comes the need for bigger tops (this is why you don't get implants, ladies) and the bigger tummy presents some obvious problems. I'm not really too big right now (it mostly looks like I've drank a whole keg or possibly gave birth a few months ago and haven't gotten my ass up to exercise) but by June, who knows!

Here is the dress. I feel like it MIGHT fit, but then I don't want to spend that much money on a dress that only has the potential to fit. Does anyone know where I can get a dress that doesn't look horrible and I will still be able to wear later if it's expensive?
P.S.--Don't Google "maternity clothes" because you will get some SCARY results, trust me. Although "maternity wedding dresses" is pretty funny.

5 comments:

SMP said...

Oh god, I love shopping for others on the internet. I also adore that JCrew dress, though I wasn't wild about the fabric in person. It was cute, but didn't feel expensive enough for how gosh-darn expensive it is.

Okay, this is pretty and has lots of sexy boobage, but large is probably too big for you and that's all they have left.

I adore this but you might want something more evening-ey. I like lots of the dresses on Pea in the Pod, but they can be a little pricey.

Damn! If you were a size 14 you could get this! It is so cheap!

And finally,

cute

also cute

and I love this one.

Phew.

SMP said...

Or there's this...

Christi said...

Ok, I want Shelby to be around when I need some clothes. She's good!

You will find something. Don't worry! Doesn't Target have some really cute maternity stuff?

SMP said...

So so we're clear, I was definitely joking about the $600 chiffon monstrosity.

SMP said...

Nevermind! The link didn't work to that one! Trust me, though. It was very ugly. And very expensive. It was from neimans.

I'm all about hijacking your comments section.