Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Dangers of Modern Living

Well, we have to replace our Air Conditioning. I know I shouldn't be upset about this as the unit we had was older than both Yale and I, but I still feel a bit cheated since we've only been able to take advantage of it for 2 years. We decided to replace both the heat and A/C so that we'll know (hopefully) that both will work when needed. It's going to cost a butt load, but at least now our future is a little more certain as I am certainly not going to pay that much for something that will be left behind if we move. That means we will be staying in this house for AT LEAST five more years (unless something drastic happens) and I am by no means unhappy about that. I like having things this planned out--it makes me feel more secure.
I almost ended up having the baby today. I was driving home from running some errands and was almost hit head on by some old woman. I had pulled into a center turn lane, with blinker going, and had slowed down due to oncoming traffic in the left lane. The old lady was at a stop sign, trying to pull out into traffic into the left lane. Apparently, she needed not only the lane she was trying to pull into, but also my turn lane and possibly the far right lane that was traveling in the opposite direction. I saw her coming and laid on my horn; she stopped, literally, six inches from my front driver's side bumper. Had she hit the air bag would have deployed and I would have most likely gone into premature labor. I am very blessed that someone out there is looking out for me and Jonah.
On a brighter note, I found a cute dress from target that I am thinking of wearing with leggings for the baby shower. I have passed the point where I can wear a short dress without some kind of leg covering--it's just better for everyone that way.

No comments: