I have been watching a lot of TV this summer and have seen some scary/strange commercials
1.) The black bearded man that sells everything from OxyClean and the Awesome Auger to health insurance. Something odd? WHY DOES HE ALWAYS YELL? No matter if he's hocking the Hercules Hook or Super Putty, he always yells at me. Perhaps I would buy your product sir if I didn't feel like you were some modern kind of circus barker trying to get me to see the bearded lady.
2.) There was an ad for the newest Nora Roberts book that could have been confused for a Hallmark commercial. Now I like a good Nora Roberts as much as the next woman, but a book that primarily deals with "romance" (i.e. sex) doesn't seem like one I would buy for all of my nearest and dearest. Maybe that's just me...
3.) On any commercial for a pet product, I'm pretty sure that the animals are drugged. On one Pet Meds commercial, this little Beagle looks like he's about to keel over. He's panting and staring blankly into space. Now maybe he just went to his happy place, which I may have done if the creepy guy playing the vet had his hands on me, but it was rather disturbing. Also, there is one for a nail file that is supposed to be less traumatizing. Now I would buy this if I actually thought my dogs would sit still like the nice Collie in the commercial, but I have a feeling Deucie would do exactly what he does now, sit on his paws and lick my hands to keep me from trimming his long long nails.
4.) They still have the "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercial. I'm not kidding. They also have interviews from people who I'm pretty sure have passed away since filming happened. Cheap bastards, waiting until people are dead so they don't have to pay residuals.
5.) The Sonic Knife is apparently designed for people who are retarded. If you press all of your weight on your sandwich while trying to cut it with a butter knife, you're going to end up with a smushed sandwich--duh! Also, who really needs to cut a steel pipe with a knife? Just a question.
Other honorable mentions: the ShamWow!, Green Bags, Listen Up!, and My Lil' Reminder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
God, I hate that bearded guy!! He has harassed me in dreams before...And that Sham Wow guy is pretty bad himself! As far as the pet commercials go, are you referring to the doggy nail file ("peticure")? That commercial came on while we were eating, and Todd and I were so grossed out! And what is My Lil' Reminder? That sounds like something I need, so long as the bearded guy isn't trying to sell it...
This has me laughing out loud at the office. I love you. I miss the days when you and I would hit up the Texaco and get ICEES and sing inappropriately in Violet.
Also, remember when we studied for anatomy with the door shut and that dry erase board cleaner? I'm pretty sure I still feel the effects of those fumes.
Post a Comment